Friday, September 19, 2008

SOME of the Waiting is Over...

"I'm in love, I'm in love, and I don't care who knows it!"



I have been putting of blogging for so long because I wanted the pictures of the day it actually happened but after so many reason and excuses I decided to just post! On Labor Day weekend, Ryan and I and Mama and Daddy drove down to Las Vegas to meet up with Richard and Melissa and their kids. Richard needed to meet Ryan before too long and there really wasn't any other time to do it. We drove down on Friday and ended up in Fillmore. The next morning we had planned on going to the temple, but got going late. Well, we didn't end up getting to Vegas until about 3 pm on Saturday. This is where the story gets interesting!



Ryan, being the one I love so much, is teasing me ALL day about when and if we were to get married...UGH! I was sooooo tired of waiting for him to figure it out. I knew, I received my answer and am not a very patient girl. So anyway, I was getting really irritated by all his jokes. He noticed and we talked about it for a minute and he said, "I'm sorry, what if we go look at rings next week? Will that make you feel better?" I told him it only sort of did because it was just another thing to do that would be LIKE we were getting married but we still weren't!



Okay, so now we are in Vegas, FINALLY, and I am irritated and not feeling much like going to the temple anymore. I said we should just go to the pool and Ryan said we should go to the temple. I told him I didn't really feel like it, but he suggested that we just go and I should see how I feel when we get there. I agreed. We all got in our church clothes and went to In and Out for dinner before heading to the temple (Thank heaven for GPS units). In the dressing room I told Mama how tired I was of waiting and she said, "Well, you want him to be sure don't you?" I said I definitely did but that I was pretty sure he was sure. She didn't say anything else.



We went through the session and Ryan was being so smiley and happy...I thought he was just feeling the Spirit and was extra in love with me. In the Celestial room (which is absolutely gorgeous by the way) I made my way around to find the English scriptures and sat down on a sofa. Ryan sat down beside me and told me he had something, "a loner until we get our own" and pulled out a small white box. He opened it and slid off the sofa onto both knees and asked,

"Sister Karren, will you be my wife forever and ever?"

I said, "YES, ABSOLUTELY YES!"

We HUGGED AND KISSED!

Then, Daddy did what Daddy does and went around and told everyone in the Celestial room what just happened! They congratulated us and then Ryan and I went and said a prayer together. I love praying with him. It was a very beautiful experience!

So now, SOME of the waiting is over and a NEW kind of waiting has begun!

Is waiting still the hardest part? YES, even harder!!! :)

(p.s. Thanks Lynette for taking the pics!)

16 comments:

Lynette said...

What an exciting time. Thanks for letting me be right in the middle of your dating, engagment, wedding...etc. It has helped me to remember some of the reasons I fell in love with Randon and how the Lord really does have a plan...on His own time...I can either learn to be happy on His plan or I can be miserable and try to control it...on HIS plan...because really...it is always going to be His plan...lol.

Lori said...

Great photos!

Leighann and Jamie said...

New love is so beautiful. I love how it looks, especially when it is done the right way. Can't wait to see everyone in Oct.
Thanks Ryan, for making my baby sister so happy.
I love that you have photos, so you can never forget how much you loved each other on that day and you would do anything to stay together...FOREVER.

Lori said...

Anyone here thinking that first picture looks like Randon's twin???

Jen Jarrett said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leighann and Jamie said...

a little weird how Ryan and Randon look alike.

Kawa Rangers said...

Congrats. That sounds perfect. I'm so excited for you.

Lynette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynette said...

They TOTALLY look alike...Lorna will tell you it is on their "list". Randon has even handed down some clothes that "got too little or must have shrunk" to Ryan...lol. He is such a wonderful guy and a really hard worker...Daddy had everyone up on the roof re-roofing his house and Ryan totally got props for working his tale off. I'm sure that sinched the deal for Daddy. Any reservations that he had, disappeared after the fifth hour of roofing in the rain.

RyanC said...

holy cow, I do look like Randon. He can just call me mini-me. Thank you everyone for accepting me and such. I feel very welcome in the family. Lynette, thank you for letting me eat all your cinnamon and sugar. And steal your sister. You will miss her so much when she moves out :)

Kara said...

You two look so cute together! that is so fun about the proposal in the celetial room! congrats

Alisha LeBaron said...

I am so excited for you! Congratulations. (and thanks for letting me see your blog!)

Louise said...

Thank you for sharing the story. I love it. I will include it in my book. I had heard that it took place in the celestial room-what a great idea!!! so I've been anxiously waiting to hear the whole story. I agree with what Leighann said, Thanks for making my baby sister so happy. I look forward to the day I can meet you.

Lisa Lou said...

hooray hooray hooray for you!

Lisa Lou said...

and your soon to by hubby!

Lynette said...

hey Lorna, your pictures don't work because we moved them to your "Christensen" account...you can still do it though...you just have to change the address in the "edit post" portion of your post. If you have any extra time and want to fix your blog...or update it...lol Love you lil' sis!