Monday, September 24, 2012

Brigham City Temple Experiences

On August 30, I took my girls (including Stephanie) to the Brigham City Temple Open House.  Lisa and Andrew and their family came, too.  Rebekah was so excited when I told her she was going to be able to go inside the temple.  Later, I realized the excitement was added upon because she thought that meant she was getting married.  She has picked out her husband-to-be, Spence (the little boy of my friend who watched Rebekah while I was at work).  It is really cute to watch them play together; it's as if Rebekah has a big brother.  She kept saying, "I'm going to the temple so I can marry Spence."  I tried to explain that she had to be older to get married and we were just going to see where we get married.

When we walked into the sealing room I showed Rebekah the alter and where she would kneel to marry her prince.  She said, "yep, and that's for Spence," pointing to the other side.
 

As we walked in the Celestial room I pointed up to the chandelier (it is spectacular, by the way) and as she spun around looking up at it she said, "Just like a castle."


Yes, Rebekah and Olivia and all my nieces, it is just like a castle and you are a princess.  You are a princess of a loving Father in Heaven and He has his people build these beautiful castles, called temples, for us to be married in. They are His home and we are always welcome to visit, but we must be pure and clean before Him.  I pray that you will always remain as pure as you possibly can.  And when you make mistakes, may you repent quickly and not waste away your days of probation here on this earth.
After the open house, Robert and Janet shared a DELICIOUS meal and we visited and watched the Republican convention on TV.  Fun times!  They are really nice to visit and it was nice to have a break while all the girls played together.

Yesterday was the temple dedication.  It is always a glorious thing to be part of.  I have been going to the temple every week for the last couple of months receiving strength and answers from my Father in Heaven.  It turned out to be an excellent way to prepare for this ceremony.  I felt so close to Heavenly Father and thanked Him for building such beautiful edifices for us to enter and feel His presence.  I'm not sure I can communicate the feelings I had when I said, "Hosanna, hosanna, to God and the Lamb!"  Truly, I am blessed.  We are blessed as Latter-day Saints.  The temple is God's house.  This is His church.

3 comments:

Melissa and Matt said...

Lorna that was such a beautiful post! Temples truly are wonderful! I love them. How neat to be able to take your children inside. What a special experience! I love you friend!

Louise said...

Thanks for including my princess in your tour of the temple.

Lorna said...

Love you too, Melissa.
Your welcome, Louise!